1. You arrive for your cruise and but your luggage doesn’t.
2. You house is burglarized the day before you leave.
3. You are in a traffic accident on the way to the airport and miss your flight.
4. You get sick or injured while on a cruise ship and need to see the onboard physician, which is not covered under your regular health insurance.
5. Your company requires you to relocate to another state.
6. Your childcare provider falls ill and you have no one to watch your children during your romantic getaway.
7. Your travel supplier declares bankruptcy.
8. You a member of the military and are called for emergency duty due to a natural disaster.
9. You will forfeit pre-paid tuition and expenses for a study abroad program if your child is unable to travel due to injury or illness.
(Note that restrictions may apply to coverage limits for the above situations, or require additional upgrades beyond the basic travel insurance policy.)
When purchased directly from an insurance company, policies are very affordable, often just 2-5% of the value of the trip. That’s a small price to pay for peace of mind before and during your vacation.