* Watching artisans work in their studios
* Water fountains everywhere (a real treat coming from drought-stricken California)
* Pasta as first course at lunch AND dinner
* Cheese and Tuscan ham as an acceptable appetizer before the pasta (I have never liked cheese but I learned to love pecorino, especially with the right honey)
* Yummy unique pizzas
* Stunning art and architecture
* Lounging around a pool with beautiful views of Tuscan hills, and chatting with families from other parts of Europe. (It's interesting to learn how much is the same no matter what part of the world you are from.)
* Amazing limoncello from the biggest lemons I've ever seen
* And the wine!
Ok, most of these are about food but is that really so surprising?
Stay tuned for more posts about our amazing Italy adventure.