This blog is for families who love to travel. Whether you're a new parent who is planning that first family adventure, a globetrotter seeking a unique experience, or a grandparent wanting to spend quality time with the younger generation, here you will find the latest family travel news and insider tips.
April 24, 2012
Ten Fun Facts About the Arizona Biltmore Resort
I recently visited the Arizona Biltmore hotel in Phoenix, and was "wow'ed" by not only it's beauty, but it's history. Here are some fun facts I learned on my trip:
1. The only existing hotel in the world with a Frank Lloyd Wright-influenced design 2. Second largest gold leaf ceiling next to the Taj Mahal
3. The Wrigley family (of chewing gum fame) owned & operated the hotel for 44 years
4. A scene from Waiting to Exhale was filmed in The Wright Bar
5. Wright’s serves diners homemade cotton candy at the end of the meal
6. Irving Berlin penned “White Christmas” by the Catalina Pool 7. This was also Marilyn Monroe’s favorite pool 8. They have a “Tea Sommelier”
9. Nancy Reagan always stayed in a villa with a view of her parents’ nearby estate 10. All Presidents have stayed here since Herbert Hoover in 1932, except for Barack Obama (so far).
This is beautiful, historic property which is perfect for a family vacation or family reunion. Accommodations range from standard rooms and suites to 1 & 2 bedroom villas. Kids will love the large, grassy open spaces, and fun pool with waterslide. All ages can enjoy fine dining, a family-friendly atmosphere, and lovely indoor & outdoor public areas with firepits and comfy couches.
Clients who book their stay through me are eligible for Virtuoso amenities, which include:
- Daily continental breakfast for two - $100 food & beverage credit at Frank & Albert’s - Upgrade to next room category, based on availability* - 4 pm late checkout, based on availability
* If possible, Virtuoso guests will be upgraded to a Club Room in the Ocatilla building.