I was thrilled that my kids enjoyed & appreciated the experience, and I know that one day they will bring their own kids back because of their wonderful memories.
Here are some tips if you plan to visit Pearl Harbor with your family:
1) Read about the memorial so you know the rules and what to expect at the NPS website.
2) Book advance tickets here. (Note crowds are worse on the days when cruise ships are in port.)
3) Any type of bag (purses, backpacks, diaper bags, etc.) is prohibited on the entire site. You will have to leave them in your car or use their baggage storage. Strollers are allowed as long as the bags are removed, so you can leave diapers, bottles, etc. loose in the bottom. Parking is very close so it’s easy to run out to your car to get something.
4) Bring lots of water; you will do a fair amount of walking outside to see all the displays. There is a snack stand with drinks and grab & go items, and a hot dog stand which only accepted cash.
5) Go early to avoid the worst heat of the day, and plan to spend at least 3 hours, though you can easily spend much more if you want to see all the displays and go on other tours.