This blog is for families who love to travel. Whether you're a new parent who is planning that first family adventure, a globetrotter seeking a unique experience, or a grandparent wanting to spend quality time with the younger generation, here you will find the latest family travel news and insider tips.
February 1, 2013
Enchantment Resort– The Perfect Place to Gather the Family
On our way back from the Grand Canyon last February, we spent a night at Enchantment Resort in Sedona, a place that has been on my bucket list for a while.And I was not disappointed, except that we could only stay 24 hours.
There are so many things to love about Enchantment:
* The stunning location, tucked into a red rock canyon, with its own private and direct access to hiking trails.It’s just a short walk among cacti & red rock to a pretty spire.
* The destination spa offering everything from traditional skin care & massage treatments to health & wellness consultations. Their menu is fun to read with entries likeFlower Essence Bath, Blue Corn Body Polish, Ayurvedic LifestyleConsultation, and Astrology with Crystals.
* Free onsite activities including pitch & putt golf, tennis, cycling and bocce ball.
* Organized adult & family activities from yoga and nature walks to stargazing and watercolor painting.(Check out thecalendar!)
Camp Coyote to entertain and educate kids age 4-12, with theme days like Earth Friendly Tuesdays and Solar System Saturdays.
e cool architecture and authentic Native American decor – terra cotta tiles, adobe style structures, exposed wood beams, woven blankets and pottery.
This is a fantastic, destination resort for any family, but it’s especially perfect for multi-generational reunions, or families traveling together.The casitas are a great value, offering plenty of space & privacy, and all the comforts of home.Ours had a small but fully equipped kitchen with dining table, and a large living room with a fireplace.The patio had a gas grill, fireplace, and another large table, so guests can enjoy the wonderful mild weather year round.
A 3 bedroom casita can sleep up to 8, with a king bed, 2 queen beds, and a Murphy bed in the living room. (Casitas can also be locked off to form separate 1 and 2 bedroom units.) And no worries about having enough bathrooms. There's one for each bedroom and another off the living, room, each with a shower & 2 sinks.
If you are looking for a place to travel with your family, that has spacious accommodations for a group, offers activities for all ages, and is in a beautiful setting, then I highly recommend Enchantment Resort.
And because they are a Virtuoso partner, my clients receive:
- Upgrade at time of check-in, subject to availability - Continental breakfast for two daily - $100 credit for spa services
Combine this with
a great deal through April 30, your fourth night free!